Re: Package Reorganisations

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 03:12:04PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
>     Anthony> You'll note it's not available in unstable though, and
>     Anthony> that libssl09 is built from openssl sources. So if
>     Anthony> libssl09 were to remain in woody when openssl is updated,
>     Anthony> it'll no longer be buildable from source, which would be
>     Anthony> bad. Hence if openssl gets updated, libssl09 will be
>     Anthony> removed, just like it is in unstable.
> Oh, so any packages removed from unstable will eventually
> automatically get removed from testing too.

Right: packages get removed from testing when:
	(a) their source isn't in testing (this doesn't happen often)
or
	(b) their source isn't in unstable, and nothing in testing depends
	    on them

> Do the auto-builders realize that a package relies on out-of-date
> libraries and automatically rebuild?

The people running the auto-builders do every now and again.

> If so, what happens to the version number of the resultant *.deb file
> (this probably touches on a point I raised in another thread today)?

Normal maintainer updates should have version 1.2-3 (eg)
Non-maintainer uploads should have version 1.2-3.1
Binary only updates (no source changes) should have version 1.2-3.0.1

Cheers,
aj