Re: Something has broken APT on my system...

According to Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>:
> Have you tried removing the files under /var/state/apt/lists?

Nope.

> These are what is being read during the "Reading Package Lists..."
> phase.

But this information revealed the reason for the behaviour I reported:
the problem spot was references to now defunct sunsite.tut.fi mirror in
/etc/apt/sources.list. I removed those and everything was working fine
again. I guess this is still worth a proper bug report for APT.

--
  *  H e i k k i   K a n t o l a  *  | Report all instances that you see
   IRC: Hezu                         | of spam abuse. Civilized people need