Something has broken APT on my system...

For few days (first experienced this on 1.1.) I've been trying to figure
out what's wrong with APT as whatever command I try, I get:

 Reading Package Lists... Error!
 E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
 E: Error occured while processing emusic (NewVersion1)
 E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
 E: Unable to write mmap - msync (14 Bad address)
 E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Dpkg I can use fine, so the status file propably isn't corrupted. And
APT I haven't updated recently, but I have updated few other packages it
makes use of. The prime suspects I can think of are debconf (which has
touched /etc/apt/apt.conf) and Perl 5.6. The i686-optimised Libc could
perhaps have something to do with this too.

Installed versions of the above mentioned packages are:
  apt            0.3.19
  perl-5.6       5.6.0-6.2
  debconf        0.5.39
  libc6-i686     2.2-8
and kernel is 2.2.18pre24.

And if you wonder why I'm not filing this is as a bug, that's because I
don't like to pick some random package when I'm not sure where the problem
lies...

Ps. Could you please CC: answers to me as currently I'm not subscribing
this list.
--
  *  H e i k k i   K a n t o l a  *  | Report all instances that you see
   IRC: Hezu                         | of spam abuse. Civilized people need