Re: finishing up the /usr/share/doc transition

     > So it will need to:

     > 1. Remove all symlinks in /usr/doc that correspond to symlinks
     >    or directories with the same names in /usr/share/doc
     > 2. If there are any directories with the same names in /usr/doc
     >    and /usr/share/doc, merge them. (And probably whine about it,
     >    since that's a bug.)
     > 3. Move any remaining directories and symlinks that are in
     >    /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc
     > 4. Move any files in /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc (shouldn't be
     >    necessary, but just in case).
     > 5. Remove /usr/doc
     > 6. Link /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc

What is the reason for linking /usr/doc to /usr/hare/doc (or
share/doc)?

Maybe I have architecure dependent documentation that should not be in
share.

This got probably answered a thousand times, but please, just once
more for me.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: and don't say so that users looking in /usr/doc find the docs in
/usr/share/doc, users should adapt. :)