Re: finishing up the /usr/share/doc transition

Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> What is the reason for linking /usr/doc to /usr/hare/doc (or
> share/doc)?

So that packages that are not policy complient and contain files only in
/usr/doc still end up installing them in /usr/share/doc.

> Maybe I have architecure dependent documentation that should not be in
> share.

Er. Well policy does not allow for this at all. If you do actually have
such a thing (it seems unlikely), perhaps you should bring it up on the
policy list and ask for a location to put it.

--
see shy jo