O: libsafe -- Protection against buffer overflow vulnerabilities

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

The current maintainer of libsafe, Ron Rademaker <ron@wep.tudelft.nl>,
has orphaned this package.  If you want to be the new maintainer,
please take it -- retitle this bug from 'O:' to 'ITA:', fix the
outstanding bugs and upload a new version with your name in the
Maintainer: field and a

   * New maintainer (Closes: #thisbug)

in the changelog so this bug is closed.

Some information about this package:

Package: libsafe
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 256
Maintainer: Ron Rademaker <ron@wep.tudelft.nl>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.3-6
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2), ldso (>= 1.8.5)
Suggests: ldso (>= 1.9.0), ld.so.preload-manager (>= 0.1)
Filename: pool/main/libs/libsafe/libsafe_1.3-6_i386.deb
Size: 147848
MD5sum: 5902ee9bca4d0d22b637a06f940e0ecc
 Libsafe is a library that works with any pre-compiled executable and can be
 used transparently. Libsafe intercepts calls to functions known as
 vulnerable, libsafe uses a substitute version of the function that
 implements the same functionality, but makes sure any buffer overflows are
 contained within the current stack frame.

* Ron Rademaker <ron@wep.tudelft.nl> [20011227 14:17]: