Re: Request to NMU libsafe

Yotam Rubin writes:
> Greetings,
>
> 	The last libsafe upload has been over a year ago. Since then, libsafe
> has accumulated a large number of bugs. The current Debian release doesn't
> seem to be very effective. I've packaged the latest libsafe and made it
> available at: http://192.117.130.34/Fendor/debian/libsafe/
> Can someone NMU that? I've contacted the maintainer but received no reply.
> It's a shame that libsafe wouldn't be usable for Debian users.

- the upload isn't marked as a NMU

- the package does not build from source (calls ldconfig):

- the package does not build a -dev package. Correct?

- the package overwrites the old library? Correct, if it's an
  extension only. But then it needs to be marked in the shlibs file.
  Else you need to build a libsafe2 and libsafe-dev package.
  OTOH, no package depends on libsafe.

So it seems, we don't gain much to replace one buggy version with the
next buggy version.