Re: my.debian.org

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 12:00:14PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> [20011229 11:32]:
> > BTW, why madison isn't packaged? We could package it and mention it
> > in the developer reference.
>
> Because the tool requires the SQL database on pandora and auric.

Cool, anyway I see that madison use postgresql, so just a few command
line switch that specify the db host, the port and eventually username
and password.
In such a way it can be used by developers using ssh tunneling or
something similar.

Personally I have a slow connection (standard 56K modem) and I really
prefer using it with ssh tunneling rather than on an interactive ssh
session.

Cheers.

--
Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863