Re: apt-move & debootstrap

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:18:43AM +0100, Matthijs Melchior wrote:
> Hello debian,
>
>    We are using boot-floppies_3.0.18 to newly install debian on the
> new computer of my son.  To not have to download through my slow cable
> connection, I have used apt-move om my own computer to convert the
> very big /var/cache/apt/archive to a local mirror structure.
>
> Now dbootstrap starts with getting /mirrors/debian/dists/sid/Release,
> and this file is not there.....
>
> I have been searching all apt-* tools, some of the mailing lists and
> documentation but nowhere is this file mentioned.  I see the real
> archives do have this file as well as Release files in all leaf directories.
>
> Please, can you point me somewhere I can find out how to get these
> Release files created.

You create it using any editor ;)

mrmime% more alvaro/mirror/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/Release
Archive: frozen
Component: main
Version: 2.2
Origin: Debian
Label: Debian
Architecture: i386
mrmime%

Note the path, which is different from yours.

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT     "Los niños son esponjas"
			(Amaya Rodrigo Sastre)