Re: An alarming trend (no it's not flaimbait.) (fwd)

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 12:07:57PM +0100, David N. Welton wrote:

> > As was stated elsewhere, the best way you can make a meaningful
> > contribution is to file bugs that are "higher level" than
> > "normal", in order to draw attention to broken packages.

> Oh god no. Please no. Inflating bug severeties just makes it harder
> to do releases; if there's a problem with normal bugs being ignored
> (and, IMO, there is), it needs to be addressed directly, not worked
> around by filing everything as important or higher.

If the software is broken enough that people find it really doesn't
work for its intended purpose, I agree with Henrique's idea that a bug
should be filed that will block the software from getting released.

> Hrm. At least tell me that I'm misreading this, and what you meant
> to say was `` "higher quality" than "average" '' or something.

If it's going to be a bug that blocks the package from getting into
Debian releases, it better be well thought out, and high-quality, and
certainly not something used lightly.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/