Re: closed bug reports

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 10:25:58AM -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
>     Unless I am confused, shouldn't you open your own
> bug report then on libsdl-image rather than just
> closing mine?

A bug was already filed against sdl-image1.2, #125928.

> If you simply close mine rather than
> leaving an open bug report doesn't that create the
> possibility that the libsdl-image and libsdl-dev
> maintainers will simply assume these reports are
> bogus...

No, because the sdl-image maintainer has already been in touch with me
about problems he had with his latest upload, and the SDL maintainer has
granted me permission to upload the package as needed until this
transition is complete.

> especially after your little tirade on
> the announce list. I don't care how they fix it
> but what you just did doesn't seem productive in
> getting it fixed.

Stopping your campaign of disinformation strikes me as quite productive.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Communism is just one step on the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     long road from capitalism to