Re: Quake2/GPL: At least source should go into main

This one time, at band camp, Erich Schubert wrote:
>Software in contrib needs non-free software to run.
>But the source of quake2 certainly is useful without the commercial game
>data.

This is a silly assertion; the source to *any* program is useful without the
data files.

As others have pointed out, the quake2 source is available from
iD software's site if anyone wants to check it out.  Distributing source
that does not build gains Debian nothing.

I wonder how many people in either of these threads have actually downloaded
this source and looked at it?

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg

Apparently, an episode of Seinfeld was pulled from syndication because
one of Kramer's lines not only acknowledged the existence of pants but
openly revelled in it.
        -- Sean Neakums, in the scarey.devil.monastery