Re: Flamewars & Why pedantic spelling is good.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Craig Sanders wrote:

> yawn.  you're wrong.  again.

I have seen no quotes from you, of other, *outside* sources, that show
'zonefile' in widespread use.  I *have* seen posts saying that 'zone file' is,
however.

> i'm just pissed off by trivial bug reports about bugs that aren't bugs.
> only a few years ago, this kind of thing was frowned on in debian and
> referred to as Bug System Terrorism.  these days it's acceptable.

Bugs are bugs.  And the misspellings are still misspellings.

Unannounced mass-filings are what are you talking about.  And yes, it was
frowned upon.  That's why now mass-filed bug reports need to be discussed
*first* on debian-devel.  And this one was.

All procedures were followed.  To the letter.  So, that obviously means that
the bugs are incorrect.  Not.

> has there been a change to policy that i don't know about?  are we all
> now subject to MZ's idiosyncratic spelling?

This was discussed.  For quite a while.  Several had perused the list of
spellings.

Because you didn't particpate at the time, does that invalidate the entire
exchange?