Re: Flamewars & Why pedantic spelling is good.

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 05:03:48PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > > some of them were legitimate spelling errors, and by themselves i would
> > > have just left them on the todo list.  moronic complaints about
> > > "zonefile" and "usenet" just pissed me off, however, and presaged a
> > > flood of even more moronic bug reports.
> >
> > So, did you fix the others?
>
> no.  i ignored them, and i have no intention of ever fixing them.

So the others are legitimate spelling errors, and were reported as
bugs, and yet you refuse to ever fix them?  Sounds like obstruction to
me.

> a discussion on debian-devel is not policy.  and even if it was
> established as policy, i would as a matter of principal refuse to accept
> anyone's idiosyncratic spelling rules.

So, there is a technical reason to want consistency in spelling for
this.  How would you like to achieve such consistency, given that the
procedure of "ask everyone to help" is one that elicits only contempt
from you?

It seems to me that you are refusing to maintain your packages in a
reasonable fashion.  Should someone else take them over?