Re: Flamewars & Why pedantic spelling is good.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 05:03:48PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > some of them were legitimate spelling errors, and by themselves i would
> > have just left them on the todo list.  moronic complaints about
> > "zonefile" and "usenet" just pissed me off, however, and presaged a
> > flood of even more moronic bug reports.
>
> So, did you fix the others?

no.  i ignored them, and i have no intention of ever fixing them.

> > has there been a change to policy that i don't know about?  are we all
> > now subject to MZ's idiosyncratic spelling?
>
> It was discussed on debian-devel.

a discussion on debian-devel is not policy.  and even if it was
established as policy, i would as a matter of principal refuse to accept
anyone's idiosyncratic spelling rules.

> For some reason, you only post to debian-devel in order to fill
> mailboxes with hatred.

hypocrite!  it's you that persists in keeping this thread alive on d-d.

as has been pointed out to you many times, it was not I that posted that
message to debian-devel.  are you too stupid to understand plain english
or something?  i sent a private flame, MZ decided to forward a
selectively edited part of it to debian-devel.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.