Re: latest gnome packages not in sid?

El Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 06:51:40PM -0500, Shaya Potter escribía:

> Is their a reason why SID doesn't have the latest gnome packages, such
> as the control center, ximian setup tools and the like?

  Mostly because the gnome-control-center maintainer, Christian
 Marillat, thinks that the latest version isn't stable (and I agree with
 him after try it). This makes latests versions of Ximian Setup Tools
 unbuildable, as the package depends on the latest Control Center, so
 I'm stuck and I can not do anything on my part.

  For more info, you should read bug #110004

  Regards,

    José Carlos García Sogo
       jsogo@debian.org