Re: debsig (Was Re: Apt-get is insecure)

Previously Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
>   I think that the interface you need is being used in GPGME, so if you
>  do not want to use GPGME, it wuould serve you as a good example of the
>  gpg interface.

I'm afraid it's not a very useful example, figuring out how it works
from gpgme source looks to be as hard as figuring it out from the gpg
source directly.

>   But I think that you should use GPGME... IMHO it can fit very well
>  your needs, and Marcus Brinkmann is working a lot on it.

I'm not going to use it for a couple of reasons, in random order:

* I can't seem to find any documentation for it in CVS
* CVS doesn't compile
* it's major overkill and adds extra dependencies
* it doesn't have python bindings

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org            http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |