Re: [The good, the bad and] The Ugly -- the cosmetic rant

Gergely Nagy <algernon@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> To get to the actual facts, the issues I saw, analogous to the example
> above, lets have a look at an unnamed package, randomly chosen from
> the archive!

> Quoting from debian/rules:
> ,----
> | configure: configure-stamp
> | configure-stamp:
> |       dh_testdir
> |       # Add here commands to configure the package.
> |       ./configure --prefix=/usr
> |       touch configure-stamp
> `----
[This is ugly, remove the unneccessary comments.]

Hello,
I even like this a little bit. I only need to glance one second on
this and I instantly recognize the pattern "Generated by dh_make", and
because I have seen a lot of these I know exactly how this specific
debian/rules works.

_Imvvvvvho_ this is really a matter of taste and not one of even
cosmetic deficiency, it neither makes it more difficult to understand
what is going on nor does it harm functionality in any way.
              cu an- Joe User -dreas