Re: update_excuses zope (also related to Bug #122443)

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
(all relevant maintainers CCed just in case they are not subscribed to
 debian-devel.)

> On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 07:09:55PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > It's hard to say because without opdate_output this information is now no
> > longer available.
>
> It's back at its old location as of tomorrow, albeit in a slightly different
> format.
>
> > A problem is that there are versions of zope-emarket,
> > zope-guf and zope-loginmanager (and perhaps other packages as well)
>
> A bunch of packages haven't been updated even though zope now conflicts
> with them:
>
>     zope-emarket
Wrote mail to upstream author and zope mailing list if there is a fix for
the problem I described in my last mail.

> zope-eventfolder
I'm preparing new packages and offer them to the maintainer.  Bug
"New version available" just filed (#123219).

> zope-guf
Pleases see #122366 and my NMU of zope-loginmanager.

> zope-loginmanager
NMU just went to incoming.

> zope-popyda
Just filed a bug against this package.

>     zope-psycopgda
Not true:

~> dpkg --status zope-psycopgda
Package: zope-psycopgda
Section: non-US
Installed-Size: 184
Maintainer: Federico Di Gregorio <fog@debian.org>
Source: psycopg
Version: 1.0-1
Depends: zope, python2.1-psycopg (>= 1.0)

~> dpkg --status zope
Package: zope
Section: web
Installed-Size: 10536
Maintainer: Gregor Hoffleit <flight@debian.org>
Version: 2.4.2-0.2

> zope-pygresqlda
Perhaps we should drop this package in favour of the other and actively
developed adapters to PostgreSQL database.  (Bug just filed.)

> zope-renderable
I'm preparing new packages and offer them to the maintainer.  Bug
"New version available" just filed (#123235).

> zope-tinytable
Offered assistance / NMU to the maintainer in private mail.  I know that
he is currently busy (he asked me for NMU one of his other packages
because of time constraints) and so I think he is happy about some help.

> zope-worldpilot
There are bugs about this in BTS yet.

Moreover please see:

   http://www.worldpilot.nl/WorldpilotSite/Worldpilot/OpenSource

  Updated March 30th:
  You can download the latest WorldPilot open source release here
  http://www.worldpilot.nl/Worldpilot_Downloads/worldpilot-release-1.1.0alpha4.tar
  (release-1.1.0alpha4).

  Remark: This release is newer than the initial download offered when
  starting this site, prior to March 30th 2001 (which was release 1.0.4,
  still available here).
  These releases currently only work with Zope 2.1.6, not with 2.2.x !!

So if I understand this right, the current version in Debian Woody will
not run even with the zope version in Woody.  I do not know whether the
open bug reports are related to that problem, but in my opinion we should
sort this issues out soon!

An upgrade to the latest version could perhaps help, but the current version
has to be removed from woody in my opinion.

> zope-zcvsmixin
The homepage
   http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/ZCVSMixin
has a possible kind of successor ZCVSFolder.  I asked the upstream author
for clarification and filed a bug report as usual for the zope related
packages of this maintainer (#123239).

> zope-zieve
Filed bug and asked, whether we need an obviousely not actively maintained
package.  At least we should not make it stop zope 2.4.2 to go into Woody.

(See http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/Zieve)

> zope-znavigators
Bug just filed.

> zope-zshell
Bug just filed.  Offered help to get the package in sync.

> A few others have been updated but aren't valid candidates (generally though
> RC bugs or that they've only just been uploaded):
>
>     zope-ldap zope-pagetemplates zope-parsedxml zope-pythonmethod
>     zope-zpatterns zope-ztutils
>
> These will all disappear from testing in the next day or two, probably. (And
> will reappear later if they're fixed)
Does this mean that zope 2.4.2 (once bug free) could go into testing?

Kind regards

        Andreas.