Re: apache non-free?

* Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> [011209 08:52]:
> Yeah, in the Dmitri/Adobe case there was a complaint filed by Adobe
> first. The government can't arbitrarily start prosecuting for Copyright
> that they don't own.

It isn't about copyright, though.  It's about peddling around software
(for money) that disables a DRM technology.

Supposedly DRM is pretty holy to the government and other governments.
DRM allows content creators dictate copyright law on their own terms, it
sucks.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> <sdier@debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos@irc.openprojects.net

So I ran up to him, and the exchange went something like this:
Me: Oh my god! You're Larry Niven!
Him: Oh my god! You're Wil Wheaton!
	-Wil Wheaton, in a Slashdot interview