Re: apache non-free?

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 10:27:35AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 10:37:14AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > IANAL, so could you give me a link to somewhere where a lawyer says that
> > with this interpretation there is no legal risk for us in any country?
>
> Now that *is* ridiculous.
>
> We are in no legal risk in any country because, quite clearly, the
> Apache Group are the only people who could file a suit, and they're
> patently not going to.

Now, they may be the only people who could file a civil suit, but any
state/country in the world could call it a criminal offence. If some country
wants to make a test case of whatever laws they've passed, what the Apache
group think is somewhat irrelevent.

See Dmitri and Adobe.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>