Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jhriv@ucsd.edu> writes:

> however, if it is _not_ sponsored by debian, not supported by debian,
> not approved or endorsed by debian, and does not fall in the guidelines
> of debian's guidelines of the use of debian's name/logo, then it's a no
> go.

This is of course the underlying question. I don't think it would
change anything discussing this instead of the name. It is one and the
same thing. (For me at least).

I think a windows port could be part of Debian (and then should be
named Debian something) others disagrees. It is not really the name
we're talking about with regards to Debian.

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".