Re: fam-oss

I'm aware.  I'm also aware that including the dnotify patch will make it
more difficult for non-linux (Hurd, BSD).  I personally want to include it,
since that's how I use it and feel that it is best used this way.  So I have
2 questions really.

1. I know people have created methods of including patches, anyone have a
good suggestion of how to quickly steal one of these methods to auto-patch
when grabbing the source to compile a local .deb?

2.  Should I alienate those that are Hurd-ers, BSD-ers and even our own
non-linux-2.4-kernel users and include the patch?  I personally don't really
care all that much about the Hurd-ers, BSD-ers but that might not be in the
best interest of the Debian Project, so I shall digress.  I will be the
maintainer, but I'd like to hear what others would suggest I do to best
accomodate the non-linux(-2.4-kernel) people out there.
	   -James Moss