'nother testing question

OK, I know these questions are boring for those who understand, but
it's all very baffling for those of us who don't.

What's keeping libtool out of testing?  It's up-to-date on all
release candidate architectures, update_excuses lists not problems
with it.  But it's not going in...

(and it's keeping a *lot* of other packages out)

I can't see anything about it in update_output either.

Presumably it's not going in because if it did, it would break too
much?  So that would be packages using libltdl0?

So does that mean *every* single library package in debian which uses
libtool (which is most libraries that are trying to be cross-platform,
I suspect) must be recompiled against the new libtool, before the new
libtool can get into testing?

That seems to be balsa, elastic, gql, pspell, according to my woody
Packages file.

elastic in sid doesn't depend on libtool at all. gql has been
recompiled.  balsa has been recompiled (I know, I did it!). pspell has
been recompiled.

So it isn't those, is it?

Or is it the case that there has never been any point at which all of
those packages were valid candidates at the same time for the big
install to happen?

Jules

wondering vaguely if this testing idea works as well as it should...