no articles from Yotam via mail2news (was: unsatisified recommends)

Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> For some reason I do not get messages from Yotam on my home computer.
> All I can think of is that the mailing list --> news gateway software
> filters out messages based on the character encoding, mutt version, or
> something else specific to Yotam's messages.

> Yotam: if you want to reply please send me a CC too - hopefully the CC
> will get through to me...

I just found out that I had the same problem, the reason is that
Yotam uses invalid Message-IDs:
                                 ^     ^
Which inn (and probably any newsserver) rejects with:
| innd: localhost:17 bad_messageid

Afaics this M-ID was generated by mutt, he has probably
yotam@makif.omer.k12.il
in /etc/mailname, and should change it to something without a @ in it.
         thanks, cu andreas
PS: Ccing Colin as he requested in Mail-Followup-To.
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Echelon: sex violence tower XXX Boom human rights Islam Kate Winslet