Re: apt-get and proxies

This probably belongs on debian-user, but anyway

Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use apt-get both via direct connection to Internet and
> via a proxy-server.  After reading the apt.conf manual page and the
> examples linked to there I'm getting either direct connection _or_
> via proxy working.

My set up works fine.  Everything goes through the proxy host except
for those machines I have marked "DIRECT" in my /etc/apt/apt.conf.

> Can someone please explain the correct settings. Am I missing
> something?

Apparently.  My /etc/apt/apt.conf proxy settings look like:

  Acquire::http::Proxy "http://proxy.domain:port";;
  Acquire::http::Proxy::FQDN1 "DIRECT";
  Acquire::http::Proxy::FQDN2 "DIRECT";

Everything that doesn't match FQDN1 or FQDN2 gets proxied, while any
matches are not proxied.  FTP proxying should work the same.

FYI, I'm using apt-0.5.4 from testing

HTH,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development