Re: apt-get and proxies (solved)

Thank you all for your help, problem solved.

I used a sloppy notation for the proxy environment variable (which works with wget):
export http_proxy=ip_address instead of http_proxy=http://ip_address.

Another question: I have not been successful with CVS and proxies. Is
this unsolvable due to the nature of the CVS protocol?