Re: The Second Great Spelling Check (Re: Package descriptions and making them better)

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:52:54PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > grandfatherclock:
> > It should also have s/tolls/tells/ :-)
>
> Fixed.

Also see the comment by Malcom Parsons... I hadn't considered that
"tolls" might be the correct word here, like a bell tolling.
I didn't think clocks could toll, though :)  But www.m-w.com claims
they can, in toll[4,verb]:
   2 a : to give signal or announcement of <the clock tolled each hour>

Anyway, I guess the maintainer can decide what is meant.

--
Richard Braakman
Will write free software for money.