Re: Release candidate of gimp-print, changelog urgencies

> Hi Eric,

Hi Torsten,

> I got another bug report today because my gs package in testing is
> incredibly outdated because libgimpprint1 is not available there.
> The reason seems to be that there are a few high severity bugs
> blocking the installation of your packages into testing.

Those bugs should be downgraded.  There's no reason they should be
marked as they are.

> Now I noticed that a new upstream release of gimp-print is available

Yes, I have the new release in preparation.  The previous release
was unpackagable so I didn't upload it.

> I stumbled across the fact that the upstream tarball contains a
> debian tree as well and conflicts with the Debian diff quite a bit.

Roger and I coordinate these releases.  The build system we have in
place is a little complicated.  Please note that there are two
branches in the upstream CVS, one dedicated specifically to Debian.

> Now I am wondering why two persons are maintaining a package of
> gimp-print - this looks like wasted effort for me.

Two persons?  You mean Roger?  We work together.  It's not wasted
effort, it's shared development.

> Also it stopped me from preparing a package suitable for NMU since
> I don't have any idea which of the big number of changes in the
> Debian diff have to get into the next package.

It's a very complicated build.  I'd prefer if you can wait rather than
NMU.  I'll have a new package up this weekend.  Tonight if I can, but
I don't know yet.

Eric