Re: [OT] sf.net and "free" software (was: Re: sourceforge sucks)

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:24, Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> Today, Yven Johannes Leist <leist@gmx.li> wrote:
> > By the way I'm of course not really of the opinion that sourceforge
> > "sucks"; one really has to admit that valinux does an incredible job
> > for the open source commity, hosting I think more than 16000 projects
> > on their servers, which sort of explains why they are a bit slow
> > sometimes.
>
> Until I read
> <URL:http://mailman.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/announce/2001-November/000028.h
>tml>, I too held that opinion, too. Now, I think one should be more careful
> about where to place projects (savannah.gnu.org, maybe?).

OK.  I think that we should ideally have a Debian portal providing
source-forge like functionality (maybe with this GNU package of software).

I am sure that we will soon have many such portals to choose from, but I
would prefer to host Portslave, Bonnie++, Postal, and my other projects on a
Debian based site.