ITP: CSL - Common Sound Layer

Package: libcsl0

Package: libcsl-dev

Long description:

CSL is a plain C implementation without further dependancies, that
provides
a common API for handling sound I/O.
It is intended to supply application programmers with a convenient way
produce/record sound and configure sound ouptut modalities regardless of
the
actual backend being used.
.
A brief introduction of how CSL fits into the current GNOME architecture
can be found at:
.
http://www.gtk.org/~timj/guadec-csl-2001

Source:  http://www.arts-project.org/doc/csl-0.1.2.html

Right now it depends on arts, in the future that should be optional. I
am not sure if the name libcsl0 is correct, as I couldn't find Debian's
policy on naming packages.

I also need to find a sponsor/advocate to check the packages as I am not
yet an official Debian developer.

Thank you very much!
Pablo Baena