Re: inconstency in /var/lib/dpkg/available after fsck manual

> Does anyone understand how this could happen ? Wrong inodes ?

When this has happened happened to me, (alsa-modules crash
my laptop) I had only a few blocks from status spliced
in to available, which suggests to me that the inode was
written to disk before the data block.

Be happy /var/lib/dpkg/status wasn't broken.  Note the
files in /var/backups if that happens to you.  Also note
sync(1), which tends to reduce the damage to a filesystem
if run before the crash.  I'd be surprised if apt/dpkg
didn't run sync at least occasionally.

It might be nice if whatever script complained about
/v/l/d/available being corrupted would suggest copying
available-old or deleting available and regenerating it,
depending on what's the recommended procedure.

-neil