Re: inconstency in /var/lib/dpkg/available after fsck manual

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:25:33AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> In Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:05:21 +0100 Eric cum veritate scripsit :
>
> Why is this posted to -devel?
>
> Try looking at the file, when it says it is corrupted near line 2. ;P
> I guess it will look broken.
> Manual editing with "vi" should allow you to  fix it.

Mind you, I'm not _that_ stupid. Here's the output:

femto:~[0]# head /var/lib/dpkg/available
Package: telnet
Section: net
Installed-Size: 204
Maintainer: Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>
Source: netkit-telnet
Version: 0.17-16
Replaces: netstd
Provides: telnet-client
femto:~[0]#

If you see any corruption, tell me where.

As the error message says: value for `status' field not allowed in this context
I was rather asking on this list, what value Status: is supposed to contain.

Since this is more a question about the internals of dpkg and Debian, I posted to -devel.

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT

Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be