Re: wonderful day! (2 FHS transitions complete in one upgrade)

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 01:58:04AM +0200, Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> If my memory sverves correctly, policy is frozen already, and this is
> not really a RC measure, for the plans were that the release woody+1 be
> completely /usr/doc/-free.

So will we provide a symlink /usr/share/doc -> /usr/doc?
(Note: not /usr/share/doc/<package> to /usr/doc/<package>).

I think we should. /usr/share is intended to be for files
which can be shared between systems of different architectures.
But that's an implementation detail, and an end user looking
for documentation shouldn't have to be interested in those
details. So /usr/doc is a more sensible place to look for
documentation than /usr/share/doc, IMHO.

Hamish