Re: Propossed Project: Odyssey

I agree with Scott. With the help of a good admin any body can use Linux
right _now_. Remember that for a user like you said the computer is a tool
so as long as the admin makes sure that the applications the users need
are there it's only a matter of time before the user feels at home with
the new system.

As an example, I put together a sid box for my wife with KDE and I explained to
her what were the equivalents in Linux to the applications the she used
on Windows and now she can do the same thing that she did before. Of
course I made sure that the machine runs without problems and update it
from time to time, but from her point of view everything is fine.

Why don't you take a group of people in your organization and create a
pilot project, so you can determine what it takes to switch everybody
to Linux. As long as your users have good admins to help them I don't
see any problem to switch them right _now_.

What you want to do it's more easy for an organization that can afford
admins, than to a home user that it's his/her own admin (That is why I
always laugh when an error message ask me to contact the administrator :) ).

Bye
Cesar Mendoza
http://www.kitiara.org
--
"A scientist once wrote that all truth passes through three stages:
first it is ridiculed, then violently opposed and eventually,
accepted as self-evident."
 -- Schopenhauer