Re: NMU in incoming for libsndfile

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 07:29:52PM -0400, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Hi, I've applied your patch and it seems to build fine, but I keep getting
> this warning message:
>
> 	../../libtool: test: =: unary operator expected
>
> What's causing this? Is it harmless?

The guys who wrote ltmain.sh (the upstream libtool) guys are terribly
sloppy shell programmers and like to do string comparison tests on unset
variables without quoting them.

E.g.

Instead of:

if [ "$THIS_VARIABLE_IS_NULL_OR_NOT_SET" = "foo" ]; then
  blah
fi

They use:

if [ $THIS_VARIABLE_IS_NULL_OR_NOT_SET = foo ]; then
  blah
fi

Which, if the variable lives up to its name, expands to:

if [ = foo ]; then
  blah
fi

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "There is no gravity in space."
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      "Then how could astronauts walk