Re: reconfiguring locales in base-config?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 03:31:10PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> I much prefer Oliver's idea here. Create a file that maps all language
> abbreviations to their full name; sth like
>
> nl Dutch
> en English
> es Spanish
> pt Portuguese

And it would also be nice to add a third field here -- the "real" locale
name with the encoding used. We Russian people in most cases use KOI8-R
as the encoding, and thus prefer ru_RU.KOI8-R. Same for other countries,
IMO. Selecting it can be folded, for example

"ru"->"Choose the locale:"
ru_RU(ISO-8859-5)
ru_RU.KOI8-R

--