Re: Unstable X can't find font "fixed" dies immediately.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 04:01:49AM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 06:31:37PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> >
> > I'm getting some reports of this, but it's not affecting everyone.
> >
> > I think perhaps one of the other font package maintainers screwed
> > something up.
>
> Probably. I got the same today. Xserver just says that .../fonts/misc is
> invalid and removes it from fontpath, xfs says that the directory is
> "unreadable".
>
> Running mkfontdir by hand doesn't help
>
> The problem lies in one of the following packages:
>
> xfonts-biznet-base  3.0.0-12
> xfonts-biznet-iso-8859-2-base 3.0.0-12
> xfonts-intl-european 1.2-2
> xfonts-intl-phonetic 1.2-2
> xfonts-base-transcoded 4.1.0-8
>
> (The list might be incomplete, since I removed them a few hours ago and
> don't remember exactly...)
>
> since after removing them X started working again OK.

I don't think it's xfonts-base-transcoded causing it:

ii  xfonts-100dpi                                4.1.0-8
ii  xfonts-75dpi                                 4.1.0-8
ii  xfonts-75dpi-transcoded                      4.1.0-8
ii  xfonts-base                                  4.1.0-8
ii  xfonts-base-transcoded                       4.1.0-8
ii  xfonts-cyrillic                              4.1.0-8
ii  xfonts-pex                                   4.1.0-8
ii  xfonts-scalable                              4.1.0-8

...and I can start X fine.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The first thing the communists do
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    when they take over a country is to