Re: Unstable X can't find font "fixed" dies immediately.

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 06:31:37PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I'm getting some reports of this, but it's not affecting everyone.
>
> I think perhaps one of the other font package maintainers screwed
> something up.

Probably. I got the same today. Xserver just says that .../fonts/misc is
invalid and removes it from fontpath, xfs says that the directory is
"unreadable".

Running mkfontdir by hand doesn't help

The problem lies in one of the following packages:

xfonts-biznet-base  3.0.0-12
xfonts-biznet-iso-8859-2-base 3.0.0-12
xfonts-intl-european 1.2-2
xfonts-intl-phonetic 1.2-2
xfonts-base-transcoded 4.1.0-8

(The list might be incomplete, since I removed them a few hours ago and
don't remember exactly...)

since after removing them X started working again OK.

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216