Re: Suggestions on XFree86, KDE, sawfish builds

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Chris wrote:

> Also, have the Qt/KDE packagers considered the Object Pre-link patch?
> Although it is considered experimental, I have found this to be perfectly
> stable and significantly speed-up KDE and application load times.

objprelink is not recommended anymore.  Jakub Jelinek is working on
prelink support in binutils and via a prelink binary (which I'm about to
ITP).  In short, it's being considered, but we have to wait until all of
the bits are in before doing anything about it yet.

You may find that recent KDE packages start faster, thanks to the -z
combreloc being enabled in binutils (which I'm still trying to shake out
the small bugs in).