Suggestions on XFree86, KDE, sawfish builds

I'm (relatively) new to watching the Debian effort, but I've a few simple
suggestions for those involved in building these packages in the
testing/unstable trees.  These are based on some discrepancies I've found in
how I have traditionally built them from source.  Perhaps someone else can
share some thoughts on these issues?

XFree86 4.1:
Some libraries available to be built shared are not being done so.  You might
consider adding the following lines to xc/config/cf/host.def..

#define SharedLibXxf86dga       YES
#define SharedLibXxf86vm        YES
#define SharedLibXinerama       YES

There may be others, but these are the ones I've run into thus far.

KDE, GNOME, and sawfish (and perhaps other relavant window managers):
Window managers need to be build such that they are Xinerama aware.  It
appears to me that they are not so at the moment.  For example, some KDE
packages should be built with the "--with-xinerama" option to the configure
script.  Sawfish should detect Xinerama support automatically, but some GNOME
packages may apparently also need configure options to allow xinerama to work
properly and these should be investigated.  Multi-head is really cool and
it'd be great if it worked out of the box.

Also, have the Qt/KDE packagers considered the Object Pre-link patch?
Although it is considered experimental, I have found this to be perfectly
stable and significantly speed-up KDE and application load times.

Keep up the good work guys

Chris
linuxman@psu.edu