Re: make-kpkg and initrd

#include <hallo.h>
daniel desages wrote on Sat Oct 20, 2001 um 02:33:54PM:

> making the package with :
> sudo make-kpkg clean
> sudo make-kpkg --initrd --revision=preempt.1.1 kernel_image
>
> compilation and install of the deb package goes well but it's not bootable :
> get a kernel panic  :
> Can't find a valid RAM disk image at 0.
> I checked, it's there. and lilo config looks OK.

Make sure your kernel has ramdisk and initrd support compiled built-in.
I think, make-kpkg should look for this settings.

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y

and probably for

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=4096

beeing at least 4096.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
   If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
                ...Oh, wait a minute, he already does.