Re: make-kpkg and initrd

>Make sure your kernel has ramdisk and initrd support compiled built-in.
>I think, make-kpkg should look for this settings.

>CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y
>CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y

>and probably for

>CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=4096

>beeing at least 4096.

I checked that, these options are already set.
I also tried with with ext2 support compiled in or as a module (like in stock kernel's config).

neither worked :(
it seems to be initrd's problem, during make-kpkg's process.
Do you know what version of cramfs/initrd-tools Herbert Xu uses for his kernel packages , or if he uses kernel-package in a special way ?
I never had any problem with them (cheers, by the way).
Or it might be just the kernel's prepatches that blow something up.
I patched the source without using patch-the-kernel utility. would that be the problem ?

thanks,
Daniel.