Re: taking over gnucash packaging

** On Oct 19, Adam Heath scribbled:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
>
> > Since this is my first Debian package, I have a few questions.  What is
> > the best way to handle taking over a package if the previous maintainer
> > cannot be contacted?  I am not implying that John Goerzen is off the air,
> > but I haven't heard from him about the package so far, and the 1.6.1
> > package is three months old and obsolete for two months.
>
> A new maintainer forcibliy taking over a package from a long-standing
> maintainer?  This doesn't sit will with me.
I agree with this, but OTOH, the package is not installable and recompiling
it doesn't work either (it doesn't work with automake 1.5). I packaged it
for myself (1.6.4) and was going to contact John asking him about his plans,
but since somebody was first... Maybe an NMU would be in order, though?

> Have you tried contacting him?  If so, how long have you waited?
>
> A 2 month wait for a package is not shameful, imho.
Provided that you can install the package or recompile it from sources -
both of those are not true with the gnucash deb.

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 "Can you program?"  "Well, I'm literate, if that's what you mean!"