Re: Release-critical Bugreport for October 19, 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, BugScan reporter wrote:

> Bug stamp-out list for Oct 19 05:00 (CST)
>
> Total number of release-critical bugs: 454
> Number that will disappear after removing packages marked [REMOVE]: 0
>
> Package: gimp (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org>
>   109786 gimp_1.0.4-3.1(unstable): FTBFS - fakeroot fails due to LD_LIBRARY_PATH clobber

Do we really need gimp 1.0.x if we have 1.2.x ???

> Package: wn (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com>
>   108875 wn_2.2.9-1(unstable): needs to include time.h and sys/time.h
>   94743  file conflicts between wn and wordnet
Because there is a conflict with my package (wordnet) I asked the
maintainer some month ago about a suggestion how to solve that.  He
did not respond so far and I now suggest to move the manpage of the
wn http server to wn.8 according to man man:

       The table below shows the section numbers  of  the  manual
       followed by the types of pages they contain.

       8   System administration commands (usually only for root)

which is apropriate in my opinion and for instance apacha.8 is also
located there.  I announced to NMU after two weeks and would fix the
other bug while I´m at it.

Kind regards

       Andreas.