Re: apache2: clearing the air [please read]

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 01:13:56AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Oct 18, Daniel Stone <daniel@sfarc.net> wrote:
>
>  >> > 	* /var/www/the.host.name/logs - logs for that host
>  >>
>  >> Aargh. I hope this broken behaviour can be switched off.
>  >> Not only it puts logs outside /var/log, it also creates tons of logfiles which
>  >> is not quite what I want.
>  >
>  >You can't win 'em all.
> This *is* broken. Log files outside of /var/log are a policy violation
> which deserves a serious bug, and I'll open one as soon as I will
> install apache2.

*sigh*. Please stop overreacting. I was responding to the last part. If
I didn't care about the policy violations, apache2 would be up by now.
I've already said numerous times that Thom and I are reworking it.

We've had this discussion before. Before you go around randomly filing
bugs, I suggest you carefully check that it's actually doing what you
think. Because you'll get a surprise when we don't put logs in /var/www.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<bod> subtle?