Re: logrote executes 'mysqladmin flush-log'

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 12:55:07PM +0200, walter@yippi-yeah.com wrote:
> ^G/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'
> error running postrotate script
>
> Our software set's a MySQL password for root but the script under:
>
> 	/etc/logroate.d/mysql-server
>
> of course doesn't use this.
>
> A Workaround could be to add it to the mysqladmin command. The

You can make a ~root/.my.cnf which contains root's mysql password,
for use by mysqladmin. I read that in one of the documentation
files or scripts that came with the package, although I can't
remember which one.

I did this and can no longer access mysql as root at all (my
password seems to have mutated), but I'm sure that's unrelated!

Hamish