Re: Debian conference 2 / LSM 2002

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 04:19:22PM -0500, Scott Dier wrote:
> * Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> [011015 15:35]:
> > The US IS at war as many US government officials tell us in every news-paper
> > and TV news show.
>
> [...]
>  logistical and other support. And forces from Australia and New
>  Zealand, he said, are on standby if needed. Nations in Africa also have
> [...]
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/10/10/ret.us.nato/index.html
>
>  AUSTRALIA: Agrees to a U.S. request to keep frigate HMAS Anzac
>  stationed in the Persian Gulf for eight days longer than planned;
>  invokes its defense treaty with the United States, clearing way for
>  military participation in any U.S. retaliatory strikes. Puts 150
>  commandos, refueling aircraft and surveillance planes on standby to
>  join the U.S. mission. Organizers cancel major Arabic festival, fearing
>  it may be the target of anti-Islamic attacks.

Had you done your homework, you'd realise that Russell's in the
Netherlands right now.

War is *not* taking place here. In fact, your article sort of proves my
point - we're sending our troops *out*. Not *here*. We have had a total
of zero terrorist attacks. More than I can say for the US.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<Robot101> the UI SUCKS GOAT TESTICLES!