Re: debian-wisdom

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 07:32:05AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
| * dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> [2001.10.14 18:41:26-0400]:
| > Any reason for using https instead of http?
|
| passwords are involved. that's the reason.

Yeah, but they get mailed back periodically anyways.  I don't choose a
"real" password for mailing lists.  Not a big deal because links-ssl
works :-).

| > | one last thing: the list is of course archived:
| > |   http://lists.madduck.net/pipermail/debian-wisdom/
| >
| > Any reason for using mailman for the list but pipermail for the
| > archives?  IMO mailman makes really nice archives.
|
| i donnu. this is what happened when i installed the package. how would
| i not use pipermail, but mailman instead?

I've already been corrected in that pipermail is how mailman creates
archives.  With some other lists I've seen .../pipermail/... archives that
didn't look good, but others that I presume were created by mailman
since it managed the list that did.

-D