Re: [RFC] Hits/directions to using autoconf and friends in Debian

Hi,

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:
>> Is there a reason not to use autoreconf?
>
> Yes. autoreconf does not know how to handle gettext, libtool,

Not really germane right now, but autoreconf will soon support those.
Support for these will be added soon.

> pipe upstream-screwed-up-by-emacs python files through vim to expand tabs,
> update a list of executable files that were added by diff and therefore lose
> the +x attribute when unpacked by dpkg-source...

These aren't part of to the GNU build system (autoconf, automake,
libtool and gettext).  So, they are a different concern.  'autoreconf'
will never handle these.  However, it should be sufficient to take
care of more/most of the GNU build system in the near future.

- Hari